Homework shall be an extension of the instructional program. Homework shall be regularly assigned for the following purposes:
- To provide essential practice in needed skills.
- To promote individual responsibility.
- To challenge students to apply what they have learned.
- To help the student learn time management, as required in the completion of long term assignments.
- Homework shall be assigned in accordance with the needs and abilities of the student, and assignments may be modified where necessary to meet the needs of each student. Homework shall be explained before it is taken home.
- Parents/Guardians shall be responsible for providing the opportunity for their children to complete homework assignments and are encouraged to cooperate with and to give support to teachers.
- Homework shall be assigned on a regular basis. Assignments should be independent practice to reinforce the skills previously taught in class. Homework should be reasonable in the demands made on student’s time. Time spent on homework will vary according to individual needs, abilities,and course of study. Incomplete classroom work is expected to be completed at home over and above the homework assignment. The following are recommended time allocations for homework for all students:
Grade Time Allocation Per Week
||20 to 40 minutes
||1 hour 30 minutes to 2 hours
||3 hours 20 minutes to 4 hours