Purposes of the PTA
- To promote the welfare of children and youth in home, school, community and place of worship.
- To raise the standards of home life.
- To secure adequate laws for the care and protection of children and youth.
- To bring into closer relation the home and the school, that parents and teachers may cooperate intelligently in the education of children and youth.
- To develop between educators and the general public such united efforts that will secure for all children and youth the highest advantages in physical, mental, social and spiritual education.
Mission Statement of the
California State PTA
The mission of the California State PTA is to positively impact the lives of all children and families by representing our members and empowering and supporting them with skills in advocacy, leadership and communication.
California State PTA Values
The California State PTA is a professional, non-profit volunteer organization committed to the well-being of all children.
We believe every adult has a responsibility to ensure that all children develop to their full potential.
We believe parents are children’s first teachers and that parent involvement is essential throughout a child’s education experience.
We believe that family is the basic unit of society responsible for the support and nurturing of all children and recognize that family may be defined in many ways.
We believe that our responsibility includes advocating for the safety and welfare of all children and the opportunity for a quality public education.
|Torrance Council of PTAs
Camilla Seferian, President
|Thirty-Third District PTA
Vera Johnson, President
P.O. Box 1235
Lakewood, CA 90714
|California State PTA
Carol Kocivar, President
(916) 440-1986 fax
2327 L Street
Sacramento, CA 95816-5014
Betsy Landers, President
(800) 307-4PTA (4782)
(312) 670-6783 fax
541 N. Fairbanks Court Suite 1300
Chicago, IL 60611-6782